Is it because the Guardian or Sean Dodson didn´t think about launching a Best Travel Blog Award themselves? Their reasoning is even wrong, because at least one of the winners of the Travvies is a Dutchman´s Blog (Exposed Planet) and not a US based Blog. Anyway, they had to publish their own Guardian Alternative Travvies list in Sean´s Best of the Net Column:
- Best Photography on a Travel Blog: Tokyo Shoes.
- Best Single-Author Travel Blog: Tony Wheeler on Lonely Planet.
- Best Group-Written Travel Blog: Wanda Lust.
- Best Informative/Practical Travel Blog: .
- Best Destination Blog: Metro Blogging Berlin.
- Best Travel Blog: Travel pod.
Well at least there are movements in the field.