I met James Craven (@CravenTravels) for the first time at TBCamp2011. A very nice guy with whom I tweet already some time and whom I very much liked to meet IRL (In Real Life) while the time was too short to talk shop a bit more.
Does he look like his Avatar? Just Look at this Twilk Wall (and click on the image if it is too small for your old eyes):
You probably see what I mean.
- James is a very nice bloke, but I like to meet him, not the two kids he is on the photo with.
- Also nice is that the avatar shows James is conscious of poppy day…however on the wall the poppy is almost as big as his head.
- It seems to me the photo used for his avatar is not very recent.
- If you study the Twilk wall, you also see that if you want to use a portrait, make it discernible on such wall, much more a close up.
- Now especially James: He is a sales person and should know the first impression can kill any deal….I ask you…
My 2 cents
As a sequel to TBCamp 11 Darren wondered whether Social Media are killing discussions on blogs. Sure they do, but you can cut and paste the answers in the post….
Last edited by GJE on November 14, 2011 at 11:57 pm