I announced the Qbic Hip Hotels concept in a post in November last year.
Since the news of their belated opening I have been looking for guest reviews for Qbic Amsterdam.
Now they are out:
- One on Tripadvisor:
I paid â‚¬59 per night (all taxes included), and got to stay in a cool design hotel and sleep in a HÃ¤stens bed. That’s what I call a good deal.
The room was really cool. A unit with the bed, and bathroom connected put into the space. And even the wallpaper included information on a local bar and store in the city. Really handy and smart.
Really for me Qbic offers amazing quality and the best price in the market.
t is not in the city center but in the World Trade Center. But with public transport it was easy to get into town. Just about 15mins…
I am hooked. From here on I am at QBic whenever I go to Amsterdam…
A solo traveler from Barcelona, age 25-34
- Six on the site of Booking.com. They publish them as soon as they have six reviews to prevent biased outcomes…therefor we had to wait. It also appears from the reviews that for guests they opened July 4.
1 Guest score: 7 out of 10
+ Very clean and modern rooms, and extremely comfortable bed. Helpful staff aided check-in process and switching of rooms when problems discovered. Soothing and comfortable shower with huge overhead spigot in addition to hand held spigot.
– Wireless Internet didnâ€™t work in first room tried. No hooks for towels in bathroom. Some rooms have no windows. Televisions mounted on walls at such an angle as to make in-bed viewing impossible due to screen glare. Water from bathroom tap had slight rubbery taste. Travelling between hotel floors uses same elevators as the rest of WTC visitors. Room climate subject to settings of entire building; no per-room control.
Anonymous (Solo traveler) from Netherlands – July 12, 2007
2 Guest score: 9 out of 10
+ a very hip and trendy hotel, god value and the beds sleep excellent
Enid (With friends) from terheijden, Netherlands – July 7, 2007
3 Guest score: 9.5 out of 10
+ excellent value for the quality
– since it was opened for only two days there were some unfinished details that need to be polished.
Heath (Young couple) from Durango, USA – July 6, 2007
4 Guest score: 8 out of 10
+ Dee Einrichtung und die tollen Lichter (interior and fancy lighting)
– Es gab Dusche/WC im Zimmer aber ohne Vorhang/TÃ¼re oder irgendwas vor dem WC… (Nur kleines WÃ¤ndchen wegen dem Wasser/Duschen) (No doors or curtains in front of the WC/shower stall only a tiny provision against shower splatter)
Christine (With friends) from Liestal, Switzerland – July 19, 2007
5 Guest score: 10 out of 10
+ Dat je midden in de nacht kan inchecken (possible to check in in the midst of the night)
– Het ontbijt was goed alleen weinig keuze voor op brood (small choice of things for on your bread)
Henny (With friends) from Heerenveen, Netherlands – July 10, 2007
6 Guest score: 8 out of 10
Wico (Young couple) from sambeek, Netherlands – July 9, 2007
This is not bad, not bad at all! I congratulate Qbic with this success, especially as it looks as if Qbic is sold out continuously.
4 thoughts on “Qbic Amsterdam: First guest reviews are in!”
It sounds like a nice place to stay. I will mark it down.
Hi again – is the Yotel by the same group? More cool stuff in Amsterdam mentioned here http://www.yotel.com/en/
Glad you’re back on Facebook…
No, Yotel is another group, a British based group.
However it was in a Dutch news zine today that Yotel is planning an Amsterdam Airport (Schiphol) presence for next year. The same zine mentioned that Qbic was almost fully booked in its first month….interesting. I will post about it shortly.
And thanks for the gladness about the past unpleasantness.