Chris Brogan about the Roger Smith Hotel case at the Web 2.0 conference (Web 2 Expo).
Some quotes of Chris Brogan in this presentation:
- Use Twitter Search. It’s a gold mine!
- I had to be in New York City and asked on twitter: “Where should I stay?” Two well known twitterati answered: “The Roger Smith hotel” and then The Roger Smith hotel answered itself: “We would love to welcome you. We have a blogger Special” They reached out to me….
- Look at the Four Seasons Hotel a couple of doors from The Roger Smith Hotel and compare the (lack of) action there with the action at the Roger Smith Hotel.
- Sometimes the management and the Doorman of the Four Seasons have a look outside and wonder how The Roger Smith succeeds in getting so much more action than they are able to get. The answer is that Roger Smith has a live voice, communicating with us on the social platforms.
- Listen 12 times more that talk. Talk about other people 12 times more than about your self. You get so much more back than when you broadcast only.
- Ask yourself. How do we share?
- How do we extend experiences and relationships?
- How do we collaborate?
- How do we build relationships that yield?
- Do not go the road that is already there, but make a new road..
- And don’t forget to check out Brogan’s Case Study links at
Note this was Posted by Chris November 20, 2009. I wonder how he would look at Facebook now…