Yes I do remember where I was: Under way to a building meeting, when my DW called in shock and I went back to see the life feeds on TV of those horrific hours. I will never forget the footage of people in sheer panic sky diving from Twin Towers head along…
This is the first official post of Happy Hotelier.
Since June, 2004, I act as co author on the Dutch language weblog Weekendhotel.
My aims are:
- Making interesting Weekendhotel’s Blog posts available in the English Language.
- Addressing issues not suitable for Weekendhotel’s Blog.
- Giving our foreign guests a bit more insight in Dutch accommodation.
- Having a place to publish Happy Hoteliers’ own hotel reviews/observations.
Happy Hotelier went public on August 23, 2006. The translations of older posts of Weekendhotel’s Blog will keep their original time stamps. Hence posts appearing on both sites will have equal timestamps. the first blogpost of the blog is Why and When?
Slowly but gradually you will see the posts above grow in pace with my inspiration and time available and below until I have catched up translating two years. I do hope Willem, the other author of Weekendhotel’s Blog is willing to give me a hand in catching up with all the translation work…..
Last edited by GJE on March 13, 2012 at 1:46 pm
Since June 5, 2004, as a co author, I publish in the Dutch language at the Weekend Hotel Blog. Hence the date of this post far before the actual start of this blog, because actually Happy Hotelier went public on August 23, 2006. Older posts of the Weekend Hotel Blog will keep their original time stamps.
Happy Hotelier’s aim is threefold:
- Making interesting Weekend hotel blog posts available in the English Language;
- Addressing issues not suitable for the Weekend Hotel Blog, and
- Having a place to publish Happy Hoteliers’ own musings and hotel reviews.
More and more you need photo’s on your blog. That’s why I Googled for a picture with search term “Why” and found this funny one that Rob shared Why is there a Car?. Rob seems a fellow Dutchman.