Recently I’ve hosted a brainstorm meetup for Absolutely The Hague! that I started together with others to put my home city The Hague more on the map. Sometimes we abbreviate the name between ourselves as ATH. We started it at WordPress.com, but will soon move it to a self hosted WordPress site.
As the host I wasn’t able to take photos of this “historic event”. Therefore I use here a photo of the stork, featured in the hall of my Haagsche Suites that “Stork Frans” came photographing in the meantime for his collection of over 800 Stork photos. Frans is now in the process of finalizing a photo book of the Stork and The Hague which also will contain a “Stork Walk” in The Hague with map and photos.
Nevertheless I’ll complete this post to introduce various people to you. We were with 10 The Hague Passionati together:
- Maurits Burgers, (@MauritsJF) of Maurits Burgers and initiator of Hofstijl.
- Marco Raaphorst (@Raaphorst) of Melodiefabriek and the other initiator of Hofstijl of Offline070, of BlogArt and also initiator of various interesting groups on Flickr like Haags Bakkie, Opuh Koffie and Hofstijl.
- Henry Soenarko (@Soenarko) of Soenarko | Posterous and Soenarko | Amplify.
- Niek ‘t Hart (@Interniek), as far as I know the Godfather of Blogs of the Hague with his Hagazine where, since 1999, he has put together a daily history of the Hague in htm format, long before the term blog even existed. Two weeks ago he also became an author on Hofstijl.
- Melinda Roos (@MelindaRoos) of Melinda Roos.
- Lisa Rouissi (@KoffieKitten) of LisaRouissi.com.
- Ellie Brik (@EllieBrik) of Ellie Brik Weblog. You can read more about her in my 10 Questions For interview
- Karin Ramaker (@Metkcom) of Met-K.com and also author of Hofstijl and initiator of Hofstijl . Karen kindly reported about the meetup at Praten Praten Praten (meaning Talk Talk Talk).
- Suzy Ogé (Suzy Ogé) of Suzy Ogé.com, and
- Happy Hotelier (@Happy Hotelier) off course.
I believe it worked well, but leave judgments to others:-)
Some Facts and figures about Absolutely The Hague thusfar: